1st March 2018 (Version 1)
1. About this policy
2. About us
The SAA is the trading name of Teaching Art Ltd. We are a limited company registered in England and Wales with company number 1976314, and our registered office is at Mayfield & Co, 2 Merus Court, Meridian Business Park, Leicester, LE19 1RJ.
3. How to contact us
To contact us, please write to our principal office at The SAA, PO Box 50, Newark, Nottinghamshire, NG23 5GY, or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The data and information we hold and process about you consists of the following:
a. Information about you:
- Your account information
- Your name
- Your contact details, including address, telephone, mobile, fax, own website, and e-mail.
- Your account information, including each membership and other account you have registered for with us.
- Your account log-in details, including username and password.
- Your address book entries, including other shipping addresses that you provide.
- Any contact details and messages you provide when recommending a friend.
- Your account preferences, loyalty points and other account information.
- For affiliated clubs: club name, official contact, address, telephone details, club member names, nominated order person, nominated delivery address, and club payment information.
- For regional co-ordinators: car information, employment status, contact preferences for other members to contact you, your club / group membership, your biography and painting history, and information generated as a result of your activities as a regional co-ordinator.
- Your purchase transactions
- Your purchase orders
- Your payment information, including your credit or debit card information and payment history. (Card and other payment information is held in an encrypted form in our systems and may be used for future purchases and annual renewal of your account).
- Order delivery, fulfilment and returns information.
- Your content
- Your forum posts
- Your membership information, including profile, competition entries, clubs and groups.
- Your professional artist information, including details, galleries, portrait, biography, exhibitions, awards, tuition, media, and subjects.
- Messages that you exchange with other members using any service provided by us.
- Any other content that you supply.
- Communications between you and us, including queries, problems, support, and survey responses, and including via e-mails, web-forms, and telephone.
- Web browser information including your browser brand (e.g. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Chrome),
- Operating system (e.g. Microsoft Windows, OSX, Android)
- IP address (a unique identifier allocated to your computer for your connection to the internet).
- Information relation to your use of our website, including where you visited our website from, and what pages you visit on our website.
We obtain your data through a variety of means, including:
a. Forms you fill in / data you provide.
- From forms which you complete and submit on our website
- From printed forms which you obtain from our website or us, including our professional-associate member application form, club-affiliation application form, and regional co-ordinator form.
- Data we collect face-to-face, or by means of e-mail or telephone.
b. Other information you supply
- From the data, information and images you post, upload or otherwise provide to our website, including our forum.
- From any other information you supply from time to time, including through telephone calls, emails and other communications between you and us.
- From any information supplied by other users of our site and other members.
c. Generated Information
- From information generated by us as a result of dealings, transactions and communications with you, including supplying any goods or services to you, providing the functionality of our website, operating competitions, and dealing with queries, support requests and complaints.
d. Technical Information
- From information which is automatically supplied by your web-browser when you visit our website.
- From information recorded by our server when you view any page on our website.
We use your data for the following operational purposes:-
a. Operate and improve our website
- To provide our website and its features and functionality.
- To analyse the performance of and improve our website.
- To keep you informed with status or other administrative notices.
b. Supply of goods and services
- To perform each order from you for the supply of goods and services.
- To collect payments due from you.
c. Provision of membership accounts
- To provide, administer and manage your accounts and the associated services included In those accounts.
- To collect payment of all account fees, including annual renewals.
d. Run events, schemes etc.
- To run any competitions or any other events in which you participate.
- To operate our membership, club and regional co-ordinator schemes.
e. General administration
- To monitor our staff.
- To communicate with you for administrative and support purposes.
- To manage complaints, disputes and claims.
- To enforce our contracts and terms and bring claims.
f. Marketing e-mails and communications We will also use your data to send you marketing materials and newsletters relating to our website, products, services and events, but only where you have consented to this through the appropriate setting in your website account, and you have not withdrawn your consent. You may change your consent by adjusting the appropriate setting or informing us through our contact details in this policy. g. Data we hold on you is done so on our secure computer servers. We hold this data to ensure that we are able to manage your account and provide details to you on previous purchases, wishlist items and your account preferences. If you require us to remove this information, please see section 11.
We and our contractors and suppliers normally store and process your data in the United Kingdom. However, we and our contractors and suppliers may from time to time store and process your data elsewhere, including outside the European Economic Area. This may be because our contractor or supplier who carries out any order fulfilment or payment processing, for instance, may be based elsewhere. If your data is to be stored or processed outside the European Economic Area, we will comply with, and take all reasonable steps to ensure our contractors and suppliers comply with, the rules under the Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) for processing personal data outside the European Economic Area.
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|
- personal data means any of your data which constitutes personal data under the Data Protection Act 1998 or General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679), and in relation to which you are the data subject.
- we, our and us means Teaching Art Ltd, trading as The SAA.
- you and your means you our guest, visitor, customer or member, including anyone who visits our website, registers for an account with us, purchases anything from us, uses our website forum, enters any competition through our website, registers for a professional account and becomes a full member of ours, any affiliated club and its members and any regional co-ordinator.
- your data means all data and information which you supply or we otherwise hold, obtain, generate or process in relation to you from time to time, as further detailed in this policy.
- service means any service provided by us, whether free or paid-for, including our website any service, feature or functionality of our website.
- website means our internet website whose address is http://www.saa.co.uk and any additional or replacement website from time to time that we operate.
Copyright 2018, The SAA