Have you ever wondered how to use your sketchbook to its maximum potential? How to gather and assemble information, how and what to draw in your sketchbook and how to develop layouts and designs from your sketches? These courses are packed full of drawing and design exercises. Suitable for everyone whether you are a painter, sketcher, crafter, printmaker or journal writer. Whether you already use a sketchbook, or you’re just a beginner. Learn how to feed and express observation and creativity. This is a practical course with lots of ideas that you can take away and develop on your own.
This course looks at how to gather and assemble information, how and what to draw in your sketchbook and how to develop layouts and designs from your sketches.
A typical day will include:
- Getting started: using visual and verbal prompts to precipitate creative activity;
- Drawing and taking photographs outside to collect visual material;
- A colour exercise in different media;
- A variety of strategies for developing the visual material that you collect;
- Exploration of mixed media techniques;
- Exploration of pattern making techniques;
One whole day of this particular course is dedicated to sketching people.