GET YOURSELF A PAINTING COACH
If you want to accelerate your development as a painter, get yourself a painting coach.
In business, the professions and the public sector and in sport the value of having a personal coach is now seen as vital for career development.
So, what is a coach?
A coach will assess your individual requirements and work with you on a skill development programme tailored to the needs of each individual.
I am a watercolour painting coach who specialises in landscape painting.
Coaching in watercolour painting is ideally conducted on a one-to-one basis but a small group of three maximum may want to share the experience and the costs. The coach will help you to develop your painting skills through a series of planned activities and will identify where you could develop new painting skills and will work with you to achieve these new skills.
The advantage of coaching over painting courses is:
• teaching is tailored specifically to areas of skill development which you need, not some set of generic skills
• your watercolour skill development will be significantly accelerated. You will probably learn more in a single coaching session than you would in a week-long painting course
• none of your time is wasted
• my 5C’s painting system is not a style of painting but an analytical tool that makes learning easy and fun by providing a structure for incremental development of your painting skills and style
• although I’m primarily a watercolour artist the 5C’s is a generic system which enables me to offer advice to painters in any medium on how to dramatically improve your paintings if you have technical competence in your chosen medium.
You can take my coaching programme in three ways:
• The Coaching Programme – at my studio
• The One-Day Coaching Programme – at my studio or your home
• The Online Coaching Programme - the online coaching programme has the advantage that anyone anywhere in the world can take a masterclass in watercolour painting with me without leaving their home.
All three programmes are based on my unique 5C’s painting system.
If you would like to find out more about the Watercolour Coaching Programme you can contact Robert on 0044 (0)1908 551 844 or email him at email@example.com. For more about Robert and examples of his paintings go to his website www.robertnewcombeartist.com. For more about Robert’s unique 5 C’s approach to painting see Leisure Painter February to June 2007.
Robert has done numerous demonstrations to art groups and general audiences (Rotary dinners, for example). A demonstration usually takes two hours. Firstly, Robert will talk through his philosophy and style of painting. For art groups a discussion of materials and techniques will be included. He will then produce a complete painting with an entertaining narrative on the painting process and decisions taken at various stages. An opportunity to ask questions and offer comments will conclude the demonstration. Humour and entertainment with light learning are key features of demonstrations.
Robert has led numerous workshops for painting groups. Half-day or one-day workshops provide opportunities for intense and structured learning.
Workshops are based around Robert’s unique 5C’s of painting.
A typical workshop will include a number of demonstrations by the tutor and participants will work on structured exercises and paintings. There will be plenty of one-to-one tuition and quick demonstrations to illustrate key points. If weather permits we shall paint outside; in addition, we will use photographs and sketches as a basis for finished paintings and participants are encouraged to bring their own photographs for use as reference.
Computer images of the tutor's paintings may be used to illustrate key points.
By the end of a workshop participants will be producing freer, fresher paintings on site and be able to turn photographs (e.g. holidays) and sketches into dramatic paintings that sell.
Contact Robert for details of current costs and availability – firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01908 551 844.
Every month on my website (www.robertnewcombeartist.com) on the Virtual Studio page there will be a photograph or sketch for you to convert into a painting. Accompanying the photograph will be some of my thoughts on the subject plus some tips on ways of tackling the painting using my unique 5C's approach. My painting from the photograph will appear at the beginning of the following month, giving you a month to do your painting.
Have a look and give it a try.
Gouache, Pen & Ink, Pen And Wash, Watercolour
Aircraft, Animals, Buildings, Cars & Trains, Figure, Impressionism, Landscape, Seascapes and Water, Skies, Townscapes, Trees and Foliage