The subjects I most enjoy painting are canals, waterways, woodlands, vibrant floral canvases. Main medium is acrylic's. Over the years I have held 30+ solo exhibitions and can proudly proclaim that my work can be seen in homes across the UK and over seas. Thank you to all who have supported me and to those who have purchased & commissioned my work.
Appointments are most welcome from interested people who like to visit my studio in Oxfordshire and view my artwork. Please email me through the contact form at the top of this page.
- Paul Weller a very famous singer bought one of my Oxford Canal paintings in the old days when he was recording at Shipton on Cherwell Manor House.
- The Banbury Horton Hospital gave me quite a complement as they have a large permanent display of my floral canvases which are much enjoyed by visitors.
- In 1998 I Joined the Guild of Waterway Artists, the group have a shared interest in painting UK waterways.
- Three of my paintings of Oxford were presented by my parents to the town of Geel in Belgium to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the liberation during the second world war.
- The John Radcliffe Anglers Society purchased one of my paintings as their trophy instead of a cup one year, it depicted a spot on the Oxford canal where they fish.
- One of my blue bell wood paintings hangs in Kensington Central Library London in memory of Librarian.
- Many of my designs have been used for charity cards such as the Inland Waterways Association and Sobell House in Oxfordshire. A range of cards was launched by Sobell in 2007 using 14 of my paintings. This was a nice thing to do in memory of my dear mum.
- Quite a number of my paintings are now in Public Ownership: http://www.bbc.co.uk/arts/yourpaintings/artists/michele-elizabeth-field
- BBC Art & Culture See web link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/oxford/hi/people_and_places/arts_and_culture/newsid_8363000/8363076.stm
- 2010 November issue of Canals Rivers+Boats Magazine. Special two page feature showing my Monmouthshire & Brecon Canal painting.
- FRONT COVER of Oxfordshire Limited Edition magazine April 2009 & December 2010
- Would you like to keep up to date with my news & events by joining my facebook page www.facebook.com/MicheleFieldsArtwork
- Future Exhibitions:
- Winter Art Exhibition 2nd December to Jan 29th
Short Exhibition list to name but a few.
Michele has held over 30+ solo exhibitions mostly in Oxfordshire & surounding counties
* Oxfordshire Artweeks
* Oxford Central Library
* West Ox Arts Gallery -Solo exhibition
* Vale & Downland Museum at Wantage.
* Stoke Bruerne at the National Waterways Museum , Northants.
* Solo shows at the County Museum at Woodstock.
* Oxford Town Hall,
* Stable Gallery, Green College,
* Mill Arts Centre, Banbury.
* Exhibited at various hospitals in Oxfordshire many times as solo shows
*Participated in Oxfordshire Artweeks many times.
* The Stop House in Braunston & libuarys in Northants
* Berkshire & Northamptonshire.
Other places Michele has exhibited with groups in at venue such as:
The London Canal Museum,
The Ancient High House,Stafford,
Cumberland Pencil Museum, Keswick,
Modern Art Oxford Open Exhibition January 2008,
03 Gallery.2008 Summer exhibition.
The Jam Factory Artweeks 2011
Animals, Copyright, Decorative Art, Flowers And Gardens, Landscape, Pet Portrait, Trees and Foliage, Waterways and Canals