Residencies and Events.
2013 Watercolour painting holiday at Shorland Old Farm. Tutoring five days of painting in the studio and "en plein air" in the beautiful countryside and coastal villages around North Devon.
2013 Guest judge at Astley Biennial Exhibition.
2013 Tower Hamlets charity portrait event .
2013 Fight for Sight Charity my acrylic painting ?Iris? was donated to their exhibition the work sold for £400. http://fightforsight.org.uk/
2012 Figure in oils painting donated to the Willow Foundation ?Stars on Canvas? appeal. I have been asked by them to provide a piece of artwork on a small 20 x 20 cm canvas being one of 300 well known names from the world of art, illustration, sport, music and entertainment. The canvases will be sold online in aid of Bob Wilsons charity set up after the death of his daughter. The charity provides special days out for seriously ill 14 to 40 year olds. The auction will be on eBay after the preview event to be held at Maddox Arts a London based gallery. The work finally sold for £159 www.willowfoundation.org.uk
2012 Wigan Rugby oil painting donated to the Joining Jack appeal auctioned at Ladys Night event at the DW Stadium, Wigan
2012 Marple Art Society workshop charcoal and acrylic glazes portrait from 10 am start until 4pm.
2012 Guest Judge Farington Art Group Annual Exhibition.
2012 Donation of ?Changing Room? to the Joss Charity Exhibition.
2012 Warrington Art Group annual exhibiton, guest judge invited to select three winners from the exhibits and be at the presentation to present the prizes.
2012 Sedgergh and District Art Society workshop held at the Methodist Church New Street. The day consisted of starting at 10 am priming paper, using charcoal to draw the portrait, fix with fixative, glaze with acrylic paint and water then work back into the image erasing and redrawing until finish at 4pm.
2009. Gifted and Talented- A series of 10 sessions for primary school children that have been recognised by their school as being gifted or talented in the creative are. Venue St Marys Primary School, Ince, Wigan.
2007 Artists residency at Hindley High School working with all the children from Argyle Street Junior and Infant School for one week. Visit to Drumcroon Art Gallery and Education Centre with Y6 then back to Hindley High School for a workshop incorporating the information about the artists they had researched and sketchbook work completed at the exhibition based on artists books and distressing paper, the children’s completed work was incorporated into a book format for inclusion in the final exhibition. Y5, Y4 and Y3, sketching the figure and using the images to produce 3D masking tape sculpture, the resultant 60 figures where then set up to interact with one another, digitally photographed and incorporated into a panoramic image for display at the final exhibition. Y1 and Y2 placement of facial features, knowledge of basic anatomy and recognising tone. Linked to emotional intelligence concerning identity and empathy. Saturday morning drop in workshop and exhibition for pupils and parents from the Hindley area.
2007 “Sensory Perceptions” Part of Wigan Words Week. An evening of poetry, prose and paintings by some of Lancashire`s most promising writers and artists. 1650 Coffee House, Wallgate, Wigan. Wed 18th April.
2007 St Mary`s Primary School. Working with Y3 key stage 2 children producing drawings and 3 dimensional masking tape figures as part of the DfES inclusion of the SEALS (Social and Emotional Aspects of Learning) program.
2007 Rolf on Lowry. BBC televised event on the reproduction of Lowrys painting of ”Piccadilly Gardens”. One of fifteen artists taking part painting outdoors in Piccadilly Gardens. The program was televised on Sunday 4th March 2007.
2007 St Mary`s Primary School. Working with Y5 pupils to research and design a mural on the history of Wigan. The winning mural will be reproduced and situated in the Grand Arcade in the new shopping centre that will open May 2007. (The organisers of this competition decided that because the mural was so good they would have two winners one mural will be installed in the Grand Arcade car park and the other, St Mary’s, would be reproduced and installed in the Grand Arcade itself. St Mary’s also received a cheque for £300 for school materials)
2006 St Mary`s Primary School, Derby Street, Wigan. (One session voluntary demonstration withY5 pupils. Placement of facial features, knowledge of basic anatomy and recognising tone. Linked to emotional intelligence concerning identity and empathy.)
2006 Harwood Meadows Primary School, Bolton. (Two sessions paid work with Y6 and Y1 pupils demonstration and workshop. Placement of facial features, knowledge of basic anatomy and recognising tone. Linked to emotional intelligence concerning identity and empathy.)
2006 St Mary’s Primary School, Derby Street, Wigan. (Eight weeks voluntary placement working with Y6 pupils in the creation of an individual piece of artwork relating to an awareness of scale linked to the Geography syllabus and in particular mountain ranges of the world.)
2006 Adult Learners Week: Series of public demonstrations and workshops on drawing and painting techniques organised in local libraries across the borough of Wigan.
- Future Tuition:
- Watercolour Bedford Art Group
- Beginners Drawing and Painting
- Mixed Media Drawing Classes View All
Anthony lives in the town of Wigan, Lancashire and as a lecturer for Wigan Council in the adult and community learning sector he provides classes and demonstrations to art groups and students throughout the area.
As a freelance lecturer he travels around Lancashire and teaches at his own art groups in the Wigan area.
Anthony is a member of NAPA (National Acrylic Painters Association) and the I.F.L. (Institute For Learning) he has provided art activities on residency basis in local schools and colleges.
These paintings are an interpretation of my emotional response to our modern culture.
My philosophy revolves around the following statement:-
The context within which we experience an event will determine how that event is encoded and retained.
(Oxford Companion to the Mind- Richard L Gregory- 1987)
M.I.F.L Member of the Institute for Learning.
N.A.P.A. National Acrylic Painters Association.
Ashton Art Group, Ashton -in -Makerfield.
2013 Cross Street Arts Open Studio Week, Cross Street, Standish, Wigan
2013 Skarts, Stockport Open Art Exhibition, Stockport Art Gallery, Stockport Cheshire.
2013 National Acrylic Painters Association, Pannett Art Gallery, Pannett Park, Whitby, North Yorkshire.
2013 Python Open Art Exhibition, St Georges Gallery, Bolton
2012 Turnpike Open Exhibition, Turnpike Gallery, Leigh.
2012 Ashton Art Group Annual Exhibition, St Thomas Church Hall, Ashton-in-Makerfield.
2012 Skarts, Stockport Open Art Exhibition, Stockport Art Gallery, Stockport, Cheshire
2011.NAPA, National Acrylic Painters Association, International Exhibition, Williamson Art Gallery, Birkenhead, Wirrell.
2011. Astley Hall Open Biennial, Astley Hall, Chorley. (Judges Choice Award)
2011. SKARTS. Stockport Open Art Exhibition, Stockport Art Gallery, Stocport Cheshire.
(second prize best painting)
2011. Everyman Art Gallery, Chorleton-cum-Hardy, Manchester.
2011. Revolve Gallery, Castle Street, Clitheroe.
2011. Little White Cube Opening Exhibition, Ashton-in-Makerfield, Wigan
2010 The National Acrylic Painters' Association The Crypt, Gallery, St. Ives (prizewinner Daler Rowney Award)
2010 SAA Artist of the Year Competition, Business Design Centre Islington (winner 1st prize still life category)
2010 Revolve Gallery Open, Castle Street, Citheroe.
2010 Leigh and Wigan Artists Open, Turnpike Gallery, Leigh.
· 2009 People and Places, The Architect’s Gallery Ltd, The Powder Rooms 69-71 Broad Street Teddington TW11 8QZ
· 2009 NAPA 25th International Exhibition, View Two Gallery, Mathew Street, Liverpool.
· 2009 SAA Artist of the Year Competition, Figure and Portrait Category winner, Business Design Centre, Islington, London.
· 2009 Astley Biennial Open Exhibition, Astley Hall, Chorley.
· 2009 Go Pink and Blue, Novas Contemporary Urban Centre, Liverpool. Charity event in aid of male and female cancer charities
· 2009 Turnpike Open, Turnpike Gallery Leigh.
· 2009 Revolve Gallery, Triangle Shopping Centre, Manchester.
· 2009 Revolve Gallery @ G Casino exclusive one night only art event 2nd April.
· 2008 St Peters RC High School, Orrell, Wigan. OK Studios artists exhibition.
· 2008 SAA Artist of the Year Competition, Waterperry, Oxfordshire. (Ist prize. Winner of landscape category)
· 2008 Patchings International Art Exhibition, Patchings Art Centre, Nottingham.
· 2008 Leigh and Wigan Artists Open Exhibition, Turnpike Gallery, Leigh.
· 2007 “Wigan to Leigh” Exhibition of artworks produced by local artists and art groups held at the Turnpike Gallery, Leigh.
· 2007 NAPA 23rd International Exhibition, Ludlow Assembly Rooms, 1 Mill Street, Ludlow, Shropshire. (Prizewinner Daler Rowney best British painting category)
· 2007 Looking Sideways.- OK Artists Studios Exhibition, Drumcroon Art Gallery and Education Center, Parsons Walk, Wigan. (27 Jul —24 Aug 2007)
· 2006. OK Studio, Open Studio Exhibition, Cross Street, Standish, Wigan.
· 2006. Past Present Future, Turnpike Gallery, Leigh (Winner of the Peoples Prize)
· 2005. Stockport Open Exhibition, Stockport Art Gallery, Cheshire. (Winner of the Peoples Prize)
· 2005. Show5, Degree Show, UCLan, Preston.
· 2005. Nationwide Mercury Art and Music Student Competition, The Air Gallery, Dover Street, London.
· 2005. “Objects of Desire” Exhibition, Turnpike Gallery, Leigh, Lancashire.
· 2005. The Grosvenor Museum`s 6th Open Art Exhibition, Grosvenor Street, Chester.
· 2005. “Mind Where You Look” Exhibition, Fairfield General Hospital, Rochdale Old Road, Bury and Oldham Art Gallery.
· 2005. Army Benevolent Fund Exhibition, The Minster Church of St John The Evangelist, Church St, Preston.
· 2005. Art of Love Exhibition, Oxo Gallery, Oxo Wharf, Bargehouse Street, London. (1st prize winner)
· 2004. Wrexham Open, Wrexham Museum and Art Gallery, Wrexham, Wales.
· 2004. Sefton Open Exhibition, Atkinson Art Gallery, Southport. (short listed prize winner)
- Future Exhibitions:
- Revolve Gallery
2011 Astley Hall Biennial Open Exhibition. Judges Choice Award Winner.
2011 SKarts, Stockport Open Art Exhibiton. 2nd prize winner best painting.
2010 SAA Artist of the Year competition winner of the still life category.
2009 SAA Artist of the year 2009 competition winner of the figurative/portrait catagory.
2008 SAA Artist of the year 2008 competition winner of the landscape/urban category.
2007 NAPA International Annual Exhibition. Daler Rowney best British painting award.
2006 PastPresentFuture, Turnpike Gallery, Leigh.(1st Prize)
2005 Stockport Open Exhibition, Stockport Art Gallery, Cheshire.(Peoples prize)
2005 Mercury Music Art Competition, Air Gallery, London.
2005 Art of Love Exhibition, Oxo Gallery, London. 1st prize.
1995 PORC National Painting Competition - Commended
1993 PORC National Painting Competition – Commended
1992 Laing National Art Exhibition – Finalist.
1991 PORC International Art Competition, Brussels. 2nd prize
1991 PORC National Painting Competition, Oxford. 2nd prize
1990 PORC National Painting Competition- Commended
1989 BBC Nationwide Contemporary Art – Finalist.
Acrylic Inks, Acrylics, Canvas, Collage, Coloured Pencil, Drawing, Gouache, Mixed Media, Monoprint, Oil pastel, Oils, Pastels, Pen & Ink, Pen And Wash, Pencil/Charcoal, Print, Varnishing, Water soluble pastels, Watercolour, Watercolour Pencil
Abstract, Aircraft, Animals, Buildings, Cars & Trains, Colour Mixing, Expressionism, Figure, Flowers And Gardens, Illustration, Impressionism, Landscape, Life Drawing, Old Masters, Portrait, Seascapes and Water, Skies, Still Life, Townscapes, Trees and Foliage, Wildlife